Thursday, April 23, 2015

Incident 2: Class 2 pupil’s Traditional Brew Present

It was during the second week of my teaching practice when my assessor Mr Achi* came for assessment during teaching (sic). Earlier I had prepared my learner’s psychologically (sic) that the external visitor (sic) would come to class. The learners are always excited about visitors.
Prior to the day (sic), I informed them t0 clean their uniform and to come to class early. When the assessor came, learners were quite cooperative. Learning took place well as intended but during the lesson one of the learners had brought a present to the visitor. The boy stood and asks for permission to present the present to the visitor but I told him to wait.
At the end of the lesson, the boy stood and walked steadily to the visitor and presented a bottle of traditional brew (traditional brewed alcohol) to my assessor. The rest of the class laughed and tried to run out of the class but I controlled them.
Immediately, I allowed the class to go for the long break and called the boy and asked why he did so. The boy told me that it is a normal drink at their home. I advised him not be using the brew and later I called the parent and talked with her on the dangers of brew to young kids and the health effect in general.
NOTE:
·         No editing has been done.
·         Names have been changed to protect privacy.
What was most interesting or bad aspect about the incident?
What new lessons did the teacher learn?

What is the way forward as far as the teaching/learning is concerned, in regard to this incident?

No comments:

Post a Comment